Procrastination is a set of learned behaviors which get in the way of accomplishing specific goals. Like all learned behaviors, it can be unlearned if you try.
Here are some tips:
1. Acknowledge that there will always be more work than there is time to get it done. Ask yourself if you are getting the right things done.
2. Make a real to-do list, of the things you’ve been avoiding, not what you know you’ll do anyway.
3. Break the task into parts to avoid being overwhelmed. Starting something small is easier, and builds momentum towards the greater goal.
4. Eliminate the temptation to do something else. If social media is your time-sucker, there are programs that will block it during certain hours of the day.
5. Make your intentions public. This will add pressure, and avoiding embarrassment is a strong motivator.
6. Focus on the success you will achieve and the joy you will feel at making progress